Tuesday, July 24

I'm Back (from Malaysia) and Aspire 5920G review

I have just finished what according to Pijoi as "last test as Canterbury student". Still got final exams though. It went okay. But as always, I wish i had more time to complete all the questions. Sigh!


Few stories worthy of notifying.

Basically my main purpose of going back to home last month was because I got to attend my only elder brother's wedding and I was suppose to be his best man. But in the end I didn't. Or couldn't.

I had an "Extreme Sudden Change of Temperature Attack" (well, if such term ever exists). It was like having an asthma attack plus extreme cold that came to you in a sudden. I couldn't feel my legs, open my eyes or breathe easily for that matter.

Suddenly cold breeze became my enemy. Shivering and I'd have that attack again.

A couple of injections at a nearby clinic resulted in the following:

1. My brother arrived late for his
akad nikah.
2. I lost my title as best man.
3. I had to wear jacket when everyone else was practically looking for a fan/aircon. (Well, at least I could feel my legs though.)

Shopping. The temptation was very high. Very very high.

Imagine this.

You have just got your allowance that you have been waiting for 6 months in NZ dollar. You have been saving your money wisely. You return home with large portion of that still intact. NZ dollar getting stronger (i.e. more MY ringgit per 1 NZD). Its the period of Malaysia Mega Sale.

Huh.
"Nobody said it was easy..."

But thanks to my budget controller and the plan I have for my future I could restrain myself from the temptation.

Yeah right!

Only a couple of shirts and to my defense, it was a last minute shopping.

Also, I bought this...



...for a friend.

Its an Acer Aspire 5920g with Santa Rosa, the latest range of processor from Centrino 2 Duo family. 2Ghz. With 160Gb of hard disk, 2Gb of DDR3 RAM, stereo surround speaker with a sub woofer. What more could you ask for in a laptop?

Wait there's more.

It has Nvidia 8600Gt with up to 1GB of turbo cache memory installed. Whoaa! This is one of a few laptop in the market which is DirectX 10 capable. Which means that when you play game, instead of getting a character that look like the right picture, you get the details of the left ones.


Impressive but a little bit scary. But this will surely make gaming more enjoyable. As for the laptop, I bought it for MYR 4600. I would consider this a bargain as other brands with the same specs will easily reach 6000 mark. With its stunning look (Did i tell you that it was designed by BMW?) this laptop will easily become the best selling laptop as far as gamers are being concerned.

Now only if I had the budget to get one for myself. [Stress the word budget, I have the money but none was allocated under new laptop in my budget :-( ]

No comments: